Perennials: 1 Band. 1 Year. 52 Songs. 12 Charities.
We had a fantastic time down in Austin this year!! Some quick highlights:
* Blasting through a rousing set at Dodge's Old Kentucky Blog showcase where we were joined onstage by our good pal Danny Pudi for the song "Tall Buildings"(http://www.myoldkentuckyblog.com/?p=16406)
* Cutting a rug with the fine dancers at The Broken Spoke (http://www.brokenspokeaustintx.com/)
* Playing a sweet house party just outside of town for the $2 Shows SXSW Event (http://twodollarshowsaustin.tumblr.com/)
* Playing "The Understanding" at the All Together Now showcase at the Bayou Lounge on a hot Saturday afternoon (http://www.atnshowcase.com/) and "Roads" on a rooftop at Roial (wit cheese) - thanks Lerin! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3GWXUt_0KI
* Being interviewed by the lovely folks at Toro Magazine (http://www.toromagazine.com/music/in-pictures/gallery/2a0e2304-a351...)
* Recording our new song "Roads" at Ben Kweller's wonderful Hideout studios with the fabulously talented Steve Mazur
* Relaxing at the palatial Ning house, replete with sauna, hot tub, pool, roof deck, and ping pong tables (!)
* Jonny performing onstage with new pal Dale Watson (http://www.myspace.com/dalewatson) - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150215402818989&com... and our friend Nicole Atkins at the Steve Madden party - http://twitpic.com/4b9rrc via @lauraglu
* Cruising through town with friends in our killer rental car, a chrysler town and country...ie the cadillac of minivans
A big thank you to all the folks who hosted us, helped us out, bought us drinks, and generally made this trip one of the best times we've had on the road. And an equally big thanks to all the fans who trekked out to our shows and made every one an outstanding experience. We are humbled, grateful, and a little suntanned...
Cheers -- JB